The method of selecting the right flooring for your home is crucial. There are several factors to consider as you weigh your choices, ranging from your style and home decor to your family's lifestyle. If you like the look of hardwood but need something that can withstand day-to-day wear and tear, laminate floors are a great option at a fraction of the price. The next generation of laminate is now available. This hot new flooring trend combines everything you love about laminate with better waterproofing.
Let Charlotte Flooring Installation Genius be your guide to this beautiful wood-look floor choice if you want to learn more about waterproof laminate flooring. Spills and accidents happen, but you'll need a laminate that's water-resistant and can withstand the messes of life. It's this kind of flooring.
But wait, what is waterproof laminate flooring?
You can have inexpensive flooring that can survive the daily chaos of high-traffic areas like your kitchen or bathrooms with waterproof laminate flooring. For homeowners who value affordability and flexibility, laminate flooring has long been the preferred option. Its only flaw is that it has never been praised for its water resistance. Some laminates would absorb water and swell or bow as a result. Due to a specialized four-layer design, laminate flooring now has enhanced waterproof features that provide superior protection from both spills and moisture thanks to unique construction technology:
- Water-resistant film overlay: This impenetrable surface layer repels water and withstands everyday wear and tear.
- High-density fiberboard core board with water resistance: Compressed high-density fiberboard (HDF) adds strength and water resistance by preventing planks from swelling in water.
- Balancing Layer: This water-resistant under layer improves stability while also preventing water from entering the flooring from below.
- Design Layer: The modeling layer creates a wood texture and looks that is ultra-realistic.
Listed below are the Benefits of Waterproof Laminate Flooring:
Suppose you live in a high-humidity environment or want to protect your flooring from daily messes and spills. In that case, waterproof laminate flooring from Charlotte Flooring Installation Genius offers several benefits, including:
- Easy Maintenance and Repairs- The same care and maintenance procedures apply to waterproof laminate flooring as they do standard laminate. Daily sweeping and dusting are recommended and deeper cleaning with a damp mop or cloth dampened with an approved laminate cleaning product. Never use a steam cleaner on a laminate board, and never wet-mop it. Any laminate floor needs some effort to repair. Extreme damage necessitates dismantling the floor and replacing the broken boards.
- Waterproof Laminate Installation - The same click-lock installation process as regular laminates is used for waterproof laminate. Starting at one wall, planks are laid down one by one around the floor, with the interlocking edges joined together using a click-lock motion. This is a floating floor that does not adhere to the subfloor with glue. Most items need a thin foam underlayment to be spread over the subfloor first, but some planks come with a foam backing already attached. While this flooring is relatively simple to install, be aware that if the installation instructions are not followed to the letter, the manufacturer's warranty will be voided.
- Comfort and Convenience - Waterproof laminate flooring, to the extent that it is indeed waterproof, benefits traditional laminate flooring in terms of spills and stains. Aside from that, it has the same profile as any other laminate flooring. It can be challenging to walk on and can be very noisy. Its ease of installation, however, makes it appealing to DIYers.
- Watertight Seams - Watertight Seams prevent liquids from seeping through. Moisture under your flooring can cause black mold to grow and cause subfloor damage.
- Stability in direct sunlight: Unlike vinyl, the flooring will not fade, rise, or expand when exposed to direct sunlight.
- A more natural look: The textured, beveled style looks more realistic and less plastic.
- Eight times more scratch resistance: This added scratch and moisture protection are ideal for avoiding wear and tear in beach houses and homes with active kids and pets.
- Dent Resistance: Dent resistance guards against indentations caused by heavy furniture, stiletto heels, and other factors.
Waterproof Laminate Flooring Guidance
When it comes to moisture, our team thoroughly tests your subfloor to determine any moisture control and surface preparation that may be needed. Given the requirements of your facility and the wear and tear your floor will see, our consultative flooring experts recommend the best solutions. We provide life cycle costing as part of our process, which shows you the upfront construction costs and the long-term maintenance costs of various waterproof laminate solutions. You can rest assured that you'll get the most bang for your buck with your floor, as well as a long-lasting finish that will last for years.